Important Announcement

Hello, chefs. It is with great sadness that we must announce that we’ll be turning off the Adventure Chef servers on November 28, 2022. We want to thank everyone for being here with us through the life of Adventure Chef. On September 26, 2022, we will be removing in-app purchases from the application and the application from the App and Play Stores. Once again, we want to thank you for the time spent with us.

I’m sad. Why are you doing this? Why are you shutting down?

I think I will be deleting it now.

Level 2917.

Fail.

1 Like

me too, really sad. I love this game…probably play too much. Can it come back maybe?

2 Likes

Omg you can’t. All it needs is the bugs fixing and updating. This is not fair on all the people that have invested money on this game.

6 Likes

Because they’ve took money from us and don’t care

2 Likes

Can’t you get some other company to buy the game? Maybe Centoro, since they’ve made a similar game with the same characters?

Doesn’t seem fair to us who spent a lot of money on this game. I love the game; all you had to do was fix the bugs!

I’m figuring out the mindset of these mobile game developers. Give you something free, but have in app purchases. That way, they don’t have to deal. I’d rather outright pay for a game; the developers then have a responsibility to the players. They have to fix things. They have to respond to their customers. I actually think developers of mobile games feel they’re more lucrative than straight out pay games because they make a mint off of the in app purchases, while developers of regular pay games don’t make money unless they’re creating expansion packs and spin-offs. But with the business model of these mobile games, it’s frustrating because the companies seem not to really care about the customers; it’s all about grabbing as much money as they can, for as little return to the players as they can get away with, with no accountability, because people will spend money.

It used to be, if you messed over customers or provided poor or nonexistent customer service, you were held accountable by your customers, and your business either suffered and you learned your lesson and did better, or you closed. Not anymore, it seems.

4 Likes

I agree, lets hope they figure it out!

what was the name of the other game again?

Oh wow! I didn’t see that coming. So glad I stopped spending money a few months ago waiting for more to be made in the game.

1 Like

I’m still hoping they change their minds. Still logging in daily with hope but not looking good

1 Like

me too! I put in a ticket, and I asked again. They said it’s a possibility it could saved. I have progressed through to moonlight grove.

anyone or Anita do you know what is the tables area. I cant figure out how to upgrade that.